22 Mar Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake| Easter Sunday Recipe
Recipe | Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake
Recipe | Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake – We normally post about roofing projects or home renovations. But today we wanted to focus on the primary reason that most of us own our homes – to provide a warm and welcoming place for friends and family to gather. Nothing is more important than good food when we gather with those we love! So today we are taking a break from posting about your home’s exterior and giving you an incredible recipe to try for the interior!
Easter Sunday is almost here and the perfect opportunity to share a wonderful breakfast or brunch with family! This recipe for Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake will feed even the hungriest bunch and provide ample servings! It is sure to be a big hit with your entire family! Best of all it is really easy to make! This recipe is from 12tomatoes.com which is one of my favorite websites to visit for delicious recipes to try!
This can be made the night before so you can simply pop it in the oven to bake on Easter morning!
Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake
1 HOUR 15 MINUTES ACTIVE; 4 HOURS TO PREPARE, SERVES 6-8
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can butter flavored croissant rolls, cut into pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 stalks green onion, finely chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large skillet and sauté Italian sausage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary, green onions, if using. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly browned, spreading and turning often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir eggs, milk, and cream together in a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese to mixture and stir to combine.
- Line the bottom of the casserole dish with the croissant pieces, then top with sausage. Pour egg and cheese mixture over the top.
- Use a rubber spatula to compress the mixture slightly. Cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Refrigerate mixture 4-6 hours, or overnight if desired.
- Sprinkle grated gruyere (or swiss) cheese across the top and place casserole dish in oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe taken from the website 12tomatoes.com
Hope you enjoy this quick, easy and delicious recipe! And as always, if you need a roof inspection, roof repair or an estimate to replace your roofing system, please give us a call today at 855-271-ROOF or 615-712-8893! Roofing by Midsouth Construction – We understand that your roof is the top layer of protection for your home!
MidSouth Construction is proud to be the top rated roofing companies in Nashville! Certified Master Elite Roofers that are also local!