09 Mar How Hail Storms Impact Your Roof
HOW HAIL STORMS IMPACT YOUR ROOF
If you live in Middle Tennessee, and the Nashville area, you can know that strong storms are expected. Spring time brings showers and flowers, but it also bring strong thunderstorms, straight line winds, hail storms and even tornados. And even though even the best weatherman can not predict when a damaging storm will hit your home, you will know when it arrives!
SPRING HAIL STORMS WREAK HAVOC ON YOUR HOME
Strong spring storms scatter debris, destroy patio furniture and outdoor décor, pull down fascia and siding, lift shingles, and leave hail imprints across your roof. Watching a dramatic spring storm can be mesmerizing. But once it has passed and reality sets in, more than likely your roof and our home will have sustained storm damage. So many homeowners mistakenly believe that storm damage is cosmetic! In fact, most hail storms will cause damage to your roof even if that damage is not visible to the untrained eye. Many times, hail damage is not discovered or cause problems until several years have passed. Sadly, the statute of limitations for filing a claim with your insurance carrier is usually expired by this time. That’s why if your home has been hit by hail or strong straight line winds, we encourage you to call MidSouth Construction Roofing & General Contracting! We provide free roof inspections and free estimates for a wide range of roofing services and restoration construction. From replacing window screens and minor roof repairs, to full roof replacements – we are the only company you need to call for commercial roofing and residential roofing contractor services
THOROUGHLY EVALUATING YOUR HAIL DAMAGE
- Call our team of professionals to request a free, no obligation roof inspection, and thorough inspection of your entire property! We know what to look for and how to find “hidden” damage that is often not visible to the untrained eye.
- Documentation is so important when it comes to hail damage! We are experts at helping you accurately document your hail damage. All damage will be thoroughly documented with photographs and measurements which will then be provided to your insurance carrier.
- If you have photographs of the hail stones or even a video of the storm as it impacted your home, we will add that to our documentation records which we will provide to your insurance adjuster.
- We also are members of a nationwide storm map program and can provide documentation from a meteorologist if needed to your insurance company to pin down the exact storm date.
- When the storm has passed, you may to a visual of any obvious damage to your siding, fascia or roof. However, we never recommend that a homeowner attempt to climb on their roof to inspect for more damage.
- We serve as your voice with your insurance carrier! We will be happy to meet on site with your insurance carrier adjuster to make sure that all damage is noted and your claim is accurately paid! The insurance adjuster works for your insurance carrier. Our experienced project manager will work for you!
LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS
- Hail damage is especially difficult to see. Call our team of experienced professionals and request a free roof inspection!
- Never attempt to inspect your own roof! Walking on a roof is always dangerous and loose granules from storm damage can make this even more treacherous! Contact our company for a free roof inspection and don’t risk doing this yourself!
- Our roofing experts know what hail damage, and wind damage look like! They will clearly document this damage and show you the photographic evidence.
- Best of all, if they find that you have no damage, or very minimal damage they will honestly and accurately report that finding to you as well!
- Trust MidSouth Construction to provide honest, accurate and trust worthy roof inspections! We never encourage homeowners to open an insurance claim unless we are confident that your damage will meet the criteria set forth in the insurance industry to warrant opening a claim.
- Dents in a metal roof are also covered by insurance! Don’t fall victim to believing that metal roof dents are not covered by insurance!
- Slate and tile roofs can have cracks that are very difficult to see.
HELP WITH INSURANCE CLAIMS
- Substantial hail damage will generally warrant a full roof replacement covered by your insurance carrier.
- The only cost to the homeowner is typically their deductible.
- Space decking is generally covered by insurance if your policy has code endorsements
- There is a statute of limitations on filing a claim for property damage! Always have your roof inspected and work with a roofing contractor who has experience in storm restoration!
- We serve as your voice with your insurance carrier! We work hard to ensure that your claim is paid accurately and you receive a quality roofing system that meets code regulations!
- We install a complete roofing system that meets today’s code regulations! Most insurance adjusters fail to include components required by codes if they are not currently installed! We make sure that these items are included!
- Our project managers will prepare your estimate using Xactimate! This is the same software program that is used by almost every major insurance carrier!
MidSouth Construction, LLC is are Master Elite Roofing Contractors and certified in all types of roofing – Residential Roofing and Commercial Roofing!
Shingles, slate, tile, metal, flat, TPO, EPDM, and even wood shake shingles!