16 Aug COPPER METAL ROOFING – DURABLE BEAUTY FOR A LIFETIME!
COPPER METAL ROOFING – DURABLE BEAUTY For a Lifetime!
Copper Metal Roofing – Durable beauty for a lifetime! If you are considering installing a new roof on your home or business you should consider copper! There is nothing that will add beauty and unique character to your property more than a copper metal roof! Not only is a a copper roof durable,it also provides years of low maintenance and energy efficiency!
Copper is the most attractive of all metal roofing options available! When a copper roof is new it will have a beautiful sheen that will turn into a stunning blue green patina finish over time. Many people opt to have copper metal roofing used as an accent to other types of roofing! A copper bay window or copper porch roof is stunning matched with a slate or tile roof! It even works with traditional architectual shingles!
Many Advantages of Copper Metal Roofs
There are so many advantages of copper metal roofing today. Most people think of copper when they envision a church steeple or unique cupola. But the advantages of copper roofing provides many advantages for all types of homes or properties. Some of the many advantages of copper metal roofing is:
- Durability – A copper roof can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour!
- Won’t Corrode or Rust – Unlike steel metal roofing, copper does not crack or corrode and doesn’t need painting.
- Safety – Copper Roofs will not ignite into flames because of a lightning strike or wildfires
- Longevity – A properly installed copper roof can easily last as long as 70 years exceeding any shingle roof by years!
- Energy efficiency – A Copper Metal roof can reduce cooling costs by 10-25% by reflecting solar radiant heat.
- Environmentally friendly – Copper metal roofs are 100% recyclable! Copper is the most green friendly roofing system available today! Compare that to a traditional shingles that add to up to 20 billion pounds a year in landfills!
- Pliable – Unique roof areas that are curved are perfect for copper roofing which can be molded to fit any space!
- Increases Value – A copper roof will increase the value of your property and is a great ROI!
- Lightweight – This means less stress on the structure allowing a greater variety of creative architectural designs.
COPPER ROOFING – GOOD FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT!
It is not surprising that our landfills are at max capacity! However, you may be surprised to learn that copper is recycled and reused in the United States as newly mined. This means when you use copper roofing you are saving our natural resources! Rest assured that your cooper metal roof will never end up in a landfill.
HOW MUCH DOES COPPER ROOFING COST?
Copper metal roofing is a premium roofing product. Price can range from $16 a square foot up to $50 per square foot depending on the complexity of the project. Because of this premium price tag, it is rare to see an entire roof made of copper anymore. However, we still copper metal roofing used regularly for dormers, porches, bay windows and other detail areas.
LOW SLOPE ROOFING
Copper panels with soldered seams is good option for low slope sections of a roof. The soldered copper panels provide waterproofing and the copper adds a distinctive accent to the other portions of the roof. Since most people cannot afford to cover the entire roof with copper, adding copper accents is a great way to incorporate this luxurious metal into any type roof!
COPPER METAL ROOFING – DURABLE BEAUTY FOR A LIFETIME!
When it is time to replace your existing roof, we encourage you to consider a new metal roof made with copper! Durability never looked so good! Did you know there are buildings built in the 1700s with their original copper roofing? Now that’s what I call Copper Metal Roofing – durable beauty for a lifetime!
For some more interesting facts on Copper visit copper.org. If you would like to read more about our experience with copper or copper accents, check out our portfolio page or visit our metal roofing page!
COPPER FLASHINGS & GUTTERS SET OFF ANY HOME’S EXTERIOR!
Copper makes a stunning accent when used on any type of roof. We recently installed a gorgeous slate roof on a historic property that was accented with copper flashings!
Copper gutters and downspouts are also another great way to add an element of this beautiful metal into your home’s exterior.
Are There Cons to Copper Metal Roofing?
The only real con to using copper metal roofing is the cost. But, when you factor in the return on investment, and lifetime service, the cost is justified!
Another con is copper roofing that is installed incorrectly can also lead to a lifetime of headaches and expenses! Always hire an experienced roofing contractor like MidSouth Construction to install a premium roofing product like copper roofing!
Call us today for a free quote to replace your roof with copper or just add some copper accents to your home or commercial building! We want to earn your business! Call us at 615-712-8893