27 Nov Why You Need A Flat Roof Expert For Your Residential Home!
Why You Need A Flat Roof Expert For Your Residential Home!
Why You Need A Flat Roof Expert For Your Residential Home! A well-constructed roof is critical to the durability, beauty and overall value of any home. A properly installed roof is the first layer of protection against the elements while helping the energy efficiency of your home. Most homeowners would agree that their roof is a critical component of their home.
Flat roofing is quickly becoming extremely popular in new home designs. A flat roof has historically been connected with commercial buildings, but popularity among residential homeowners is growing. For homeowners making additions or renovations, adding a flat roof section to their home is becoming extremely popular.
If your home has a flat roof, or you are considering adding a flat roof on any portion of your home, there are some important things you need to consider. Residential roofing contractors are known for shingle installation. We would encourage homeowners to do their home work when hiring a residential roofing company to install a flat roof! At MidSouth Construction, we are experts at commercial flat roofing, and carry that knowledge over into our residential roofing division. There is no flat roofing project too small, or too large, for our crews.
Flat Roofing Options
Flat roofing options are becoming more diverse as the market for this type of roofing continues to grow. There are a wide range of techniques and flat roof design options that can be used on a residential home. MidSouth Construction is a factory authorized installer for all major flat roofing manufacturers and can repair or replace any type of flat roof!
- Built-up Roofing common called BUR: This type of flat roof is made of tar and gravel and provides exceptional durability. It is not typically used on residential homes but could be an option.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing: Similar to asphalt shingle roofubg, this type of roofing will provide excellent protection for any style roof.
- EDPM Roofing: EDPM is very common for both commercial and residential use. It is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane and is both affordable and durable.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) Roofing: White TPO roofing is probably the most commonly used material flat roofing projects. There are multiple ways to install a TPO roof including mechanically attached, adhered, ballasted and plate bonded. They are resistant to wind damage and provide up to 30 years of protection.
Homeowners are concerned about one thing when selecting a roofing system. Keeping their home dry! A properly install flat roof will perform well for a long time while protecting the interior of any home!
Why You Need Flat Roofing Experts
No matter what kind of roof is being installated on your home, it is a very complex process. Knowing proper code and manufacturer installation requirements makes a huge difference in how your roof will perform over time. A flat roof is more difficult to properly install and few roofing contractors are qualified in flat roofing installation. Only the most qualified roofers should be trusted to repair or replace a flat roof on your home.
We understand that it is tempting to save money and hire the cheapest contractor to install your roof! But, hiring an inexperienced roofer, or attempting to install a roof yourself can be a very costly mistake that will impact the value of your home! Here are some of the reasons why hiring professional roofers is your best option.
- Safety: Some flat roofs are not safe for walking on. Walking across a membrane can also cause damage.
- Saves You Money: Our flat roof experts can properly determine the life expectancy of your roof. Before you replace an expensive roof we may be able to complete a minor, affordable flat roof repair and save you money!
- Specialty Roof Requires a Specialty Roofer! Flat roofs have special considerations and requirements in order to be installed correctly! There are a lot of roofing companies in Nashville but only a few who are certified to install or repair a flat roof! Professional expertise in flat roofing is priceless to the homeowner!
Working With MidSouth Construction Nashville’s Best Roofing Contractors
MidSouth Construction is Nashville’s master elite roofing contractors certified to repair or replace all types of roofing! When it comes to flat roofing, we are the best! Why trust your flat roof on your residential home to any roofer? Work with Nashville’s most recognized name in commercial roofing for your residential flat roof! Our prices are affordable and our experience and knowledge are priceless! We would love to have the opportunity to you’re your business for your residential flat roofing needs!
Please call us today at 615-712-8893 or chat with us online at RoofingByMidSouth.com!